Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

Hey Blog people!

I just finished watching the video about creativity in education. I have to say I have not heard such a profound stance on public education's flaws in nurturing a child's creativity. On top of all that, Sir Robinson is freaking hilarious. I couldn't believe the speech was 20 minutes long; it was as entertaining as it was informative. I had no disagreement in any portion of this video.

The subject matter hits home for me because I fully understand the frustration of having a different outlook on life and definitely have a different way of processing things I'm required to learn. The story about the choreographer was also very eye opening, in this day and time she would've definitely been put on Adoral and been thought to have a learning disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment