Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie

I went to this website and had to search around a bit for what we were actually supposed to find. I have to be honest, I’m really not so sure I found what we ere supposed to be writing on, however I did find some information relative to the class so I suppose I’ll explain that. I read the presentation on Internet security as well as Dr. Christie’s last lecture.

In the presentation on Internet security I found some interesting facts on the growing popularity of the internet in the class room and amongst students in general. I found it particularly interesting that email has seemed to become more like actual “mail” everyday. Apparently text messages and instant messages through I’m services and social networking has taken over where email once did in the early part of the decade. She also went on to say that the students are making the transition from information seekers to information producers.

In her last lecture, Dr Christie shared her experience in her educational journey which included colleagues, students, and family as equal members in her development of understanding how education worked. Her philosophy in a nutshell was simple: never stop learning and experience everything you can while you can. I have to say I agree with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment