Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thoughts About My Interaction w/ Wendy Drexler

Whats up blog folk in blogville?!

Well, as some of you may have read, I received a comment in response to my post about Wendy Drexler's Tech Blog. She handed me my ...um... on a platter and really put me in my place about my views on technology.

Let me start off by saying I will NEVER recant a statement that was made, I will, however, apologize for how it was taken or if it happened to offend someone. I'm not a politician, so I don't have to do that ( ha ha ha ). I have been admittedly on the defence about technology and after being critiqued I now realize I need to take a Valium and chill.

Dr. Drexler (if she's not a doctor... Oh well, shes smarter than most I've met) and I agreed on our principles for the most part, but she eloquently stated my imperfections in the post with grace and humility ( and a hint of sarcasm, which we all know I love).

In a nutshell, she owned me and I was surprisingly pleased that she did. I can't say I wont jump up on my soapbox again, but I will try to be a bit more tactful when I do it next time.

Thanks Wendy ( Everybody should send her some love)

Adios Bloggeritos

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Justin! The main thing is that you learned something from the exchange. It looks like you did! SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I happen to have loved your rant. Often times it is necessary for a new point of view to emerge to keep us in check. Your role as a "Luddite" has some value to the world of technology. It is not necessarily a bad way to approach it.

    On the other hand, asking tough questions and beating your head against the wall are two different things. Dismissing tech tools out of hand is not in your best interest either. I am glad you are beginning to see both sides.

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete