Monday, October 12, 2009

I decided to conduct this post as an interview between myself and Mr. Sullivan’s questions, so just pretend your reading the newest issue of Technology Skeptic Weekly.


The New Media Skills

judgment
negotiation
appropriation
play
transmedia navigation
simulation
collective intelligence
performance
distributed cognition
visualization
multitasking




Mr. Sullivan: What do you think of them?

Me: Well Steve I’m glad you asked. They seem to be very firm and well proportioned.

Mr. Sullivan: I was referencing the new media skills, you know that, right?

Me: Oh… yes… of course I did.

Mr. Sullivan: So, could you elaborate?

Me: Of course. I feel the skills are paramount in the new world of technology in which we live.

Mr. Sullivan: Are they really the 21st century skills that will be needed to be effective artists, citizens, workers?

Me: I believe they are. However, it is of no use if you are not creative in the first place. After all, the canvas didn’t make Leonardo da Vinci a painter no more than the computer made Bill Gates a billionaire. They used their minds to make these mediums come to life just as students will do and are doing in the classroom today.


Mr. Sullivan: Do you possess any of these skills? And If so…

Me: I possess them all Steve! I am taking YOUR class! Dr. Strange has you brain washed into thinking I don’t know this information so that you will persistently drill it in our heads. Stop the madness Steve, don’t drink the kool - aid!

Mr. Sullivan: Actually I was just looking for a simple “yes” or “no”.

Me: Oh, sorry

Mr. Sullivan: (Clears throat irritated) So you say you possess them all?

Me: Well…. I had to look up distributed cognition

Mr. Sullivan: Ok, so you don’t know it all.

Me: NO! Teach me O great technological Master, TEACH ME!!!!!

Mr. Sullivan: Well then like all other “technological masters” before me, I’ll answer your question with another question. How will you acquire the others?

Me: I will use technology more and develop my PLN so that I can learn from others. Is that right?

Mr. Sullivan: You tell me.


I’m a goober and I know it, but I wanted to spice up the EDM blog world. I did enjoy this video immensely. I think this should have been discussed prior to some of these other blog assignments.

2 comments:

  1. Justin, this was very innovative! Great Job! Not only was your idea a good one, your follow through of the actual interview format was funny amd the fact that you are obviously still in this class to win in it! I really enjoyed reading your interpretation of the assisgnment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Great post Justin! Extremely innovative and creative. SS

    ReplyDelete