Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear Kaia

BLOG PEOPLE OF BLOGVILLE WHATS UP?!

This story is a very touching and enlightening one about the new and inventive ways to teach our children. I believe Kaia's father stumbled on a brilliant idea, and furthermore, he saw what potential danger it could cause. However, he knew that the risk of exposing a child was small enough to include the world in his lesson to his daughter.

I was particularly impressed on the integration of technology and nature in this story. The father wanted to teach his little girl about the natural world and art. He also took that lesson to the masses through Twitter. I agreed with him in the first statement that stated " I realized that Twitter was but only one of the tools that allowed for a group of eighth graders in Missouri to connect with my three year old daughter in Qatar." As I have mentioned before, the father exhibits the mindset that technology is a tool and should be used to accentuate the lesson not BE the lesson ( unless of course you are learning about the tool itself like in EDM310).

No comments:

Post a Comment