Sunday, November 15, 2009

Kids singing Fleetwood Mac: Why Publish Student Work to the Web?

This video is amazing! I hope my kids will be able to harmonize like this at their age!

This really hit home for me as you may have guessed. I know the power that music can have in a child's life (or an adult's for that matter)and this is proof right here! I was moved beyond words at the talent and REAL emotion these kids put into their performance and they did it autonomously and instinctively. Needless to say I LOVED this video.

This is a good piece of evidence for why we should publish our work and our students work on the internet. Like in the post about Kaia, there is a risk of exposing children to the world, but think of how much good these children have done and how much they have taken from this. They have inspired the music industry. If the world had more of these stories spread like wildfire rather than the crap we see on the news about the worst events of the day, maybe we would be living in a better place today. Maybe I'm an idealist, but this is what the world needs to see. These kids are our future (I know I'm quoting Whitney Houston) and we can learn from their story and thank God someone did show them to the world.



Watch this one all the way to the end, the kids are hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment