Monday, November 30, 2009

Im am so smart now! Thanks Mr. Sullivan!

http://sullivansedm310fall09.blogspot.com/

blogs, wikis, presentations, Google Docs,
Google spreadsheets, Picasa, podcasts, videocasts, YouTube, PLNs, Twitter, comments4kids, iTunes, iTunesU, Google forms, data bases, Google Earth, Delicious, ACCESS, ALEX, Foliotek,
technological literacy, the future of schools, your "intellectual trail".....I KNOW ABOUT IT ALL NOW! WORLD DOMINATION IS NEAR!!!!

Hola! Como Estas El Bloggeritos! que pasa?

We have learned so much this year from how to network with teachers and other professionals around the world too how to share our opinions, lesson plans, and advice with our students and peers. Once again Steve Sullivan and I had a sit down interview and we reminisced on the Fall '09 EDM 310 class:

Steve Sullivan: Well Justin, you truely have an A in this class...There's no way for you to get anything lower.

Me: I know Steve..Thats the only reason I took the time out to do this interview, you do understand I'm planning a world take over at the moment don't you? Or has Dr. Strange sequestered you away to EDM prison for innovative teaching and lack of crappy class?

SS: Well Justin I appreciate the complement but I...

Me: " I must start asking you questions before you melt my face with your awesomeness" is what you were about to say.

SS: Oh yea that's...exactly it!

Me: Let the questioning begin! Try not to be blown away by my amazing answers.

SS: Are there things you would like to have learned in this class but did not?

Me: I would have liked to learn more about/ done more with podcasting. The masses must hear me!

SS:Are there things you learned in this class but wish you had not (and you will try and forget
them or not use them as soon as possible)?

Me: Google Docs...the word processor in particular. It can not handle my amazing writing powers and it has some bugs going on with it. Bugs belong in the grass not on my computer!

SS: Did this class excite you in any way? I mean excite, as opposed to "was useful" or "was
interesting" or "I did it"?

Me: I was very excited about the podcasts obviously. However, I believe the most exciting thing was when My Group Number One and I melted your collective faces with our full presentation. It was....DELICIOUS

SS: Yea it was pretty good, I won't ever forget that.

Me: Pretty good?!!! It was the most aweinspiring piece of media gold the world haqs ever seen! Your darn tootin you won't forget it! You didnt forget your Birthday did you, then you won't forget that!

SS: What does that even mean?

Me: NEXT QUESTION!

SS: Do you think it was "intellectually challenging"?

Me: For whom? Me? HA I laugh at you computer man!...No seriously, it was pretty straight forward

SS: Were you bored by this class at any time?

Me: Only when the Strange one was there. At first he is intriguing due to his weirdness, but then after that i just want to stab myself with a pencil in the eye socket.

SS: Dr. Strange?

Me: I said no names!

SS: Moving on...Would you change this course in any way (add things/delete things or anything else)? If so, give me your suggestions. Since I am always changing this course I could use your input!

Me: Perhaps separate the Elementary and Secondary and only if to specialize either one. Maybe Elementary could focus more on attention getting techology while Secondary EDM would focus more on the ease of information and how to show the student to use technology further in life.

SS: Very good suggestion

Me: Dont patronize me Steve!!!

SS: Wow..um ok just bite my head off...Next question.

Me:Sorry Steve I had too much sugar this morning.

SS: It's ok. Well Justin, are you Technologically Literate at the moment? To what extent? Low Some .......Medium.... Good...Dare I say...Great? Also, how will you maintain or improve your facemelting technological literacy between now and the time you
graduate and/or start teaching?

Me: In a nutshell Steve...well I wouldn't quite fit. I am VERY .....relatively tech literate. Im not Bill Gather..

SS: Dont you mean Bill Gates?

Me: Him Either! I will maintain this literacy through social networkingand blogs. Also, I will surround myself with knowledgeable people like....

SS: ...Me?

Me: Um....yea sure Steve.

-------------

I had to do this again! Flex those creative muscles! To be honest, THAT is what i dug the most about EDM 310, I got to be creative and the class is designed to promote that and not hinder it. Talk to ya'll in the real world soon!

1 comment: